Friday, 11 July 2014

Winter Soirees

You are invited to a Musical Soiree!
Enjoy a decadent dessert while I share the survival stories and music behind my book Women of Note.


I am about to embark on a series of winter Soirees held in private homes around Perth. I can't think of a better way to be spending a winter evening (it is particularly wet and wild in Perth at the moment). Sipping mulled wine with friends (old and new), listening to Becky Llewellyn's serene Berceuse, arguing about the beauty in Cat Hope's ear-bending bass guitar distortions and sharing the tragic but inspiring story of Margaret Sutherland; this is life in all its richness!



One of the best parts of being the author of Women of Note is observing people's reactions when they hear the survival stories of the women composers and listen to some of the music. Invariably there is a deep connection to the topic. I've given many library, school and author talks but the Soiree is the best setting, I believe, for people to connect with what my book is all about. In many ways it is even better than reading Women of Note because I can play you some of the music. (Unfortunately the CD to accompany the book didn't eventuate).

The Soiree guest list is exclusively invite only so do let me know if you are interested in attending so I can add you to the list. Or if you would like to host a Soiree that is also an option.


No comments:

Post a Comment